Saturday, January 2, 2010

Life

These past two days I have been feeling very emotional. It must be a combination of recent events, hormones and other things uncontrollable in my life. Tonight I just found out two of my friends just got engaged. I am so excited for them and excited to see them finally tie the knot. The cycle of life so many of my friends are getting married. I also became an auntie when my childhood friend just recently had her first son. Then within 10 minutes of getting the engagement news I received an email from one of my professors. A classmate of mine, whom I was able to get to know last quarter was killed by a drunk driver. He and his mom were driving and instantly killed. I can't believe he is dead. We would talk every class about the class we were both going to take at Sac State for the CLS program. We were both applying to the same schools and I even bought a text book off of him. He was 22 years old getting ready to graduate from College in June. I can't even begin to Imagine how his family is dealing with this tragedy, and having to spend the holiday season mourning instead of celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment