Thursday, November 5, 2009

Farmville


This morning I walk into work and instead of the usual "Hi Brystal" I hear from all the guys. "You need to harvest your strawberries!"

Yesterday all of the grad students including myself started playing Farmville on Facebook. It is a game about creating a farm. Getting all your and getting all your friends to build one too. Then you plant stuff, wait for it to grow and harvest it for money. With that money you can then buy more crops to grow. You can also upgrade to a better selection of crops, trees and animals to grow. The trick however is you have to time your plants. Each plant takes a different amount of time to grow, and if you don't harvest them in time you loose all your money. Thats what I did this morning. I learned never again to plant strawberries at night before you go to bed, because by the time you wake up they will all be rotten.

So right now the guys are planning what to plant, when and how to increase their Farmville value. I am completely entertained by how intense this is turning out to be.

Once again I can say, I wish every job was like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment