Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Thank You Comcast!


Such a wonderful thing occurred today. Our Cable was disconnected. You may think, "What? Brystal, why are you excited about your cable not working?"

In the words of John McCain

"Well my friends...."

For the past week there has been a silent between Chelsea, Elise and I over control of the remote. It is Chels and I VS Elise, and Today meant Victory for our team. No longer will we be subject to 24 hours of the television only playing Law and Order. Literally 24 hours. Elise has been camped out in front of the TV assuring her complete control of the television. Chelsea even woke up at 4 am to find the TV on, and guess what was on.

So Saturday before I left for the fun Hen Party, the internet decided to fail. In attempt to fix the solution after being bitched at by a certain someone, I called Comcast. I scheduled an appointment for Sunday. Finally, today the Comcast tech. came and spent an hour analyzing the system to give us an unfortunate diagnosis. This shity apartment had horrible cable lines and need to be replaced. The maintenance is under Fountain Circle's jurisdiction and he was unable to fix the problem. So for the time being we can have either cable or internet, not both. So of course it being finals week, internet wins. Well, I don't think that this complex will even get around to fixing the problem so tomorrow I am going to cancel cable all together.

Luckily I am not going to be around much this summer to want to watch TV. Instead I will just get a subscription to Netflix.

Today marks a wonderful day of silence coming from the living room.

1 comment:

  1. I will reach out to my contacts to assist in getting a temporary connection for your cable. Let me know if you are interested in my help.

    Regards,

    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete