Friday, August 28, 2009

Hell Week

The time has finally arrived.

Monday I received the keys to my new apartment. I spent all day moving my massive amount of stuff over to the new place. I even blew out my knee and have been gimping around all week.

Tuesday I drove all over Sacramento area hunting down paint because it has to be custom color from Sherwin-Williams. Then come to find out that my apartment complex had bought out all the paint in the area and in order to obtain some I would have to order it and it wouldn't come in till today. Plus it would cost me a small fortune of $30 a gallon and we would need at least 3 to paint all the walls.

Wednesday I tried moving the remaining stuff and try to clean but Elise's stuff was strewn about the entire apartment and was only able to prime the walls of my room.

Then yesterday I spent 10 hours cleaning, painting the place by myself until Lisa came back. I even had to fix my vacuum cleaner. One of the belts had broke and needed to be replaced and one of Elise's clothes pins had jammed the hose and caused a huge clog that I had to remove and ended up cutting my finger on it. Good thing I had my Tetanus booster recently because it is 50% fatal. Unfortunately we still have lots more to detail clean and all the walls to paint.

It will be all over soon and I will then be able to enjoy all the luxurious amenities of the new apartment and get back to a daily routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment