Monday, August 31, 2009

Finally!!

Hell week has officially ended as of 8:35 am this morning when I handed in our keys to the old apartment. You have no idea how much of a huge relief it truly is. I spent all week cleaning, packing moving and even painting. Yesterday I spent 11 hours over there finishing up the final coats of paint and doing the final wipe down of everything and I mean everything. All the window screens and window tracks had to be scrubbed, all light fixtures had to be taken down and cleaned, and even every spot on the wall either needed to be painted or erased. It was horrible. I have never had such a miserable week in my life. Even worse than finals. I mean it was a huge apartment of over 1900 square feet with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and there was only 2.5 of us there to clean. I mean .5 of a person because Lisa either was at work, hanging out with friends or ditched and went to Fresno for the week leaving Elise and I to do most of the work. And the other two roomates are in Brazil and Florida. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. It may take me a while to get over all this frustration.

On a lighter note I love my new management and apartment. It is an older complex built in the 50's but it definitely has its quirks and flaws like the fact that the air conditioning is a wall unit and only seems to cool down Lisa's bedroo
m, and there is no circulation in the kitchen. But apart from that it is nice and small and cute with white cabinets, gas range stove and new carpets. I also really like the management
. They are so sweet, and even called me to inform me that all my repairs had been done and fixed and wanted to know if there was anything else they could do. Plus the amenities are amazing. Free cable, internet, wi-fi around the beautiful almost lap size pool, game room fitted with air hockey and a billiard table, internet cafe with wi-fi and coffee, free faxing, printing, 24 hour fitness room (which is awesome) and even a concierge service!

I will be sure to post pictures of the new place soon once all the boxes and stuff have been neatly placed into theer proper location. But for now here is a picture of some of the complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment