Sunday, April 18, 2010

Picnic Day!

Yesterday was the annual UCD Picnic Day. The day couldn't have been more beautiful. It was in the mid 70's and sunny. My day began at 9:30am with a pancake breakfast and mimosa's at Renea's. Then Starbuck's for much needed caffeine. Off to campus to tie dye some t-shirts. The micro club, waiting in line forever to see the snakes and reptiles. Then party at Primero Grove. Then to visit Tawny and meet her family and new boyfriend Kevin (a.k.a. Mr. Amazing) for battle of the bands at Spafford Lake. Then food, nap and back downtown for wiki's with Kevin and Tawny. Then dinner at Dos followed by returning home to meet up with Renee and Elise and ending the evening at Little Prague. I finally called it a night around 12:45 and boy was it by far the best picnic day. No large groups, no obligations, plans or too much waiting in lines. It was great getting to relax and enjoy the day without the stress of having an upcoming exam to worry about. I am really getting used to this no school thing.

On top of that I had a wonderful visit with Elise. She really has changed since Davis. The three of us (Renee, Elise and I) were able to really have a great time catching up with life and talking about boys. It was like old times back in Sophomore year when we were great friends before all the drama of living together. Some friendships really are better from a distance with time. I am now looking forward to mending my friendship with Elise and visiting her sometime in San Francisco.

Overall good weekend. This morning I made a killer breakfast with fresh strawberries from Lodi, scrambled eggs from my grandmas, french toast and most importantly coffee. Now I am relaxing after cleaning up the apartment and going to go on a nice long run later.

And just a little trivia can anyone guess what buildings are shown in this picture of the old picnic day?

Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment