Thursday, April 29, 2010

The pieces are falling into place

  • Today I went to my new work to fill out some paperwork and pick up my handbooks and quality control manual. This is going to be great. I am really looking forward to starting my new job on May 10th.

This weekend I also have my research presentation. The last of the things I have on my list for college. Now all I have to do is walk during the graduation ceremony.

As for the housing situation I have been stressing over finding an affordable one bedroom unit. After countless hours online and touring almost every complex in Davis I have decided it is just way to overpriced and not worth it. Its about $1000 per month for a piece of crap old one bedroom without washer dryers. If you want to go lower than this you are at risk for having no garbage disposal or central heating and air. Not to mention how old the complexes are. So yesterday after talking to a coworker I decided I was going to check out Natomas.

So today I made the 20 minute venture outside of Davis and to my surprise I stumbled across an affordable resort of a complex. This place was a dream come true. Everything I would ever want an all within my price range.

Amenities include:
  • covered parking
  • pool and spa
  • business center
  • game room with kitchen, fireplace, flatscreen tv, pool table, poker table
  • 2 fitness centers one is 24hrs
  • fully furnished guest suite
  • gas BBQ grills
  • full size washer/dryer units
  • walk in closet
  • ceiling fans
  • dishwasher
  • fireplace
  • tan walls with options to paint accent walls
  • 9ft ceilings with crown moldings
  • patio/balcony
  • double-pane windows
  • nice carpet
basically amazing and in a great location across from a golf course, with bike and running trails
close to great shopping and restaurants
close to ARCO arena.

I am in love. Can't wait till August 1st.
Now I get to go furniture shopping and decorate!
Ahh post-college life is looking sooo good!


1 comment:

  1. lucky poo. i can't wait to visit you and use all those nice amenities :)

    ReplyDelete