Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Gayest Straight Men I know

Everyday I am constantly amused of the events and conversations that take place in the lab.

First of all, if I would have bumped into some of the guys I work with on the street I would never expect them to be such extreme nerds. They all are good looking, good dressing guys. Until closer examination you do not find that they have all seen all seasons of Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Chuck and some other super nerdy SiFi network shows. Not to mention the fact that three of them are making a road trip to San Diego for Comic Conn next week.

Second, today Derrick and I were asked to accompany Matt to carry back new lab supplies. Just as we leave the door I see Matt brings out these re-useable blue shopping bags. I started laughing. To make it even better he hands one off to me and then takes one himself, throws it over his shoulder like a purse and proceeds down the hallway. Carrying it exactly how I carry a purse. I can't stop laughing. He was serious, and didn't understand how Gay he looked walking down the hallway with a bright blue purse. Then to make it even better we get to the supply room and what he thought was going to need two bags was all pre packaged into a nice box. He responds in a serious monotone "Man, I am seriously disappointed; I wanted to be able to pick out the colors I wanted." I laugh again at him realizing how absolutely gay he sounded again.

Then we get back to lab and the whole lab goes over to ohh and ahh at the new projector that came in. We seriously get the hook ups. Every week the Prof. bakes or cooks for the lab. We have an espresso machine with all the coffee and espresso provided. The place is also hooked up with top of the line Mac Computers and we are now going to get wireless speakers to accompany the new projector.

No comments:

Post a Comment